The Ditto project is over.

I had to design “a new publication that shows off the capabilities of our printer in an innovative and interesting way. The final product will need to reflect our aesthetic and make full use of our machines potential.”

Ditto is a print publishing company, specialised  in Risograph printing.

The brief was quite challenging, as we didn’t have the chance to play with the printer and explore its capacities.

The main areas to consider were:
-ink vs paper
-legibility
-photo rasterisation effects 
-gradients

I decided to explore Moiré effects and I then started generating some patterns and images.

The idea is to challenge the printer with a very intricate pattern and generate an interesting result.
Those images are the first drafts I’ve created. 

This was posted 3 years ago. It has 3 notes.
  1. prtscrpress reblogged this from lrosean
  2. lrosean posted this